Non Residential Medical Care For Dependency
An outpatient recovery centre can be extremely valuable for people with a mild substance misuse issue who are concerned about becoming calm. Outpatient drug treatment allows a person to continue with the required treatment while also taking care of their other personal and professional responsibilities.
For serious addiction to heavy substances like heroin or oxycodone, it is recommended that one takes the inpatient treatment option so that the detoxification and withdrawal effects are monitored.
Outpatient rehab program can successfully treat a mild substance abuse problem caught in the early phases.
People who want a drug treatment program that will allow them to continue with certain aspects of their lives are the ones who benefit the most from outpatient drug treatment programs.
What We Mean By Outpatient Rehab
Drug and alcohol treatment sessions that can be scheduled during various times throughout the week is offered by an outpatient rehab program.
The patients will be provided with medication and counselling and they will have scheduled appointments that they will have to keep but they will still be free to live at home and carry on with their other responsibilities.
Outpatient treatment programs tend to emphasize counselling, awareness creation and providing support but there will be various differences in these programs regarding the services offered and the depth to which these services will be provided.
Patients with a deep desire to make it in recovery and who have a dedicated, controlled approach may gain a lot from an outpatient program.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Varieties Of Non Residential Rehabilitation
Types of outpatient rehabs are categorized depending on the nature of substance being abused, the patient's level of addiction and the phase of recovery.
Below are the three classifications that are normally associated with outpatient rehab
- Day Programmes
- Outpatient day programmes have the largest amount of care and structure given inside an outpatient setting.
- In the day program, patients promise to attend meetings 5-7 days per week and an outpatient centre for several hours every day.
- Patients will participate in ongoing therapy, biofeedback, group counselling, and other adjunct therapies, such as art or music therapy during this time.
- At the end of the meeting with rehab specialists, the patient may go back to a private or sober house.
- Until the patients are done with their 24-hour rehab plan, it can be a major inconvenience on their work or social life, as it is a huge undertaking that requires a lot of dedication.
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
- Improvement in patients is measured using a well-established benchmark system in intensive outpatient treatment.
- The time commitment required per week decreases as these milestones are met.
- The IOP is a better choice for addicts committed to refraining from drugs and alcohol, but at the same time want to work and continue everyday duties.
- To conduct counselling sessions, group therapy, relapse prevention education, and attendance in a 12-step or similar recovery support group the IOP may require multiple sessions for a few hours each week.
- Continuing Care
- For the individual's dedication to sobriety to be reinforced, they need to participate in ongoing care groups that form a network of support and encouragement, like Narcotics Anonymous or Alcoholics Anonymous.
- A licensed therapist typically facilitates the groups and meet weekly.
- Some continuing care groups might be gender orientated or age-specific and others may concentrate on a specific part of recuperation.
Non Residential Rehab Advantages
Non-residential plans are more suitable for people who have a mild to moderate dependency. This is because when non-residential treatment is compared to residential treatment, it is less intense.
Get in touch with us on 0800 246 1509 and we can help you to figure out the drug treatment program that will best serve you or your loved one's needs.
You should choose non-residential treatment for the following reasons
- Less expensive than residential treatment
- This allows you to stay at home during outpatient program, you do not need to cater for the boarding costs at an inpatient centre, making it less costly.
- Usually, outpatient programs can work around your schedule.
- If you feel that your other responsibilities will demand your presence then outpatient treatment will work well for you.
- Family presence
- All through the outpatient recovery program, family inclusion and support is underscored, as friends and family can urge you to remain on the way to restraint.
Finding A Rehab Facility That Suits Your Needs
The choice of the mode of treatment program for a patient is usually hard to make. It's important to take the first step toward getting help whether it is an outpatient rehab program or an alternative form of treatment.