Defining Holistic Therapy
Holistic therapies are one way through which a person can get over the dependency on the drugs.
Holistic therapy treatments are used side by side to other treatments. The body, spirit and mind are also comprehensively used in this technique to help cure an addition.
Nutrition, meditation and exercise are some of the methods utilized in rehabilitation centres that also provide holistic therapies.
Apart from helping to ease the physical and psychological withdrawal symptoms, holistic therapy also focuses on improving the overall well being of an individual.
Some of the other practices include
- Tai chi
- Meditation with guide
- Massage therapy
- Spiritual therapy
- Routine exercise
- Good nutrition
- Art therapy
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Holistic Therapy For The Treatment Of Addictions
Holistic therapy focuses on an individual at a time and does not involve medical methods to help the patient. Apart from helping to deal with poor nutrition and emotional imbalances, holistic therapies help to treat the physical and psychological issues brought on by addiction.
Holistic therapy can help a recovering addict by dealing with any potential obstacles such as lack of sleep, poor diet and emotional stress. The needs of the individual guide the plans for the holistic therapy that is used.
Among goals of holistic medicine are the following
- Getting to the root cause of the person's dependency on drugs
- Building up a resistance to drug cravings
- Improve the physical health of patient
- Give the patient their self-confidence back
- Dull the attraction of the addictive substance
Examples Of Holistic Therapies Used To Treat Addiction
Mid reflections to keeping the body in shape are some of the things involved in holistic therapy.
Some Holistic therapies include
- Nutritional Therapy
- One of the key aspects of addiction recovery is a healthy body.
- Focus of addicts on healthy nutrition during treatment gives remarkable healing results.
- Patients recovering from addiction may at any time start to provide themselves with the food they need for successful healing.
- Recreational Activities And Sport
- Regular exercising helps the body learn to work with routine, reduces fatigue and gives strength to the body.
- In many centres that offer holistic therapy, exercise is an important part of the treatment.
- The activities may vary from one centre to another but some holistic therapy centres are offering rock-climbing, canoeing, horseback riding or hiking.
- An uncluttered mind is essential to fight addiction.
- Many holistic rehab programs feature guided meditation.
- As well, most centres provide tai-chi and yoga to practice meditation, which if effective to develop concentration and gain a clear mind.
- Massage And Acupuncture
- A massage is a great tool in helping one relax and relieve stress.
- Acupuncture is also used in restoring the body of a long-time addict.
Traditional treatment methods always provide the basis on which effective holistic treatment programs are designed. Special medical control is necessary to supervise quitting manifestations after giving up alcohol and during use of CNS (central nervous system) debilitates.
Common techniques which are paired when using holistic methods includes
- Medically supervised detox
- All-inclusive medical treatment
- Personal psychological support
AA, NA and other 12 step group programs are usually available too to provide lasting support.
Holistic Treatment Centres Near You
Lots of drug rehab treatment facilities include holistic therapy in the treatment of their in and outpatients. The holistic medicine principle of reaching harmony among all parts of a person's life well suits various addiction therapies. One can keep their health in check and still recover from the addiction when they use this and other techniques such as cognitive behavioural therapy. You na resist the urge to use the drugs when you learn how to control your feelings in a positive way.
Holistic treatment paired with psychological guidance and professionally undertaken detoxification, can cope with very difficult situations of addiction. You will definitely get a rehab centre near you that can help you in the recovery process.
Call us now on 0800 246 1509 to find a drug rehab centre which also offers holistic therapy.