Knowledge Of Experimential Therapy
Traditional therapy settings may be very uncomfortable for some recovering drug users. In experimential therapy, addiction treatment is done in various locations including outdoors, in art studios etc.
Experimential Therapy involves getting recovering drug users to engage in activities that can help them to deal with traumatic events in their pasts.
Commonly within a traditional setting of counselling it has been noticed that some addicts are not comfortable in having a discussion with therapists. It is the objective of experimential therapies to provide recovering addicts the environments in which they are comfortable and these could include the outdoors, an art studio or a music studio.
The idea is handling the repressed emotions with treatments and methods that are not typical.
Experimential therapy can include activities such as
- Mountain climbing
- Ropes courses
- Music therapy
- Wilderness therapy
- Recreational activities
- Adventure therapy
The design of experimential therapy is such that it helps addicts going through the phase of recovery to develop a stronger sense of belief among themselves to come to terms with buried emotions and traumas from the past. Offering a different method to confront these emotions than taking drugs is the purpose of experimential therapy.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Helping Addiction With The Use Of Experimential Therapy
Proceedings that are physically taxing such as mountain climbing and trekking aid to encourage real life troubles for recuperating users to defeat. Addicts will see their things that make them turn to drugs all days, and experimential therapy offers them a way to confront these things.
The disturbances that trigger the addictions are also treated by experimential therapy. A setback is less likely when the addiction and the psychological triggers are treated at the same time.
Experimential Therapy Approaches
In order to work on the unique issues of each addict, the experimential therapy uses specific activities to treat them.
Recuperating addicts might be less watched amid experimential therapy, taking into consideration more exact patient assessments for advisors and mental mending for addicts.
Coexisting psychological conditions exploratory treatments cure involve
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Eating disorders
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder [PTSD]
Experimential Therapy Used With Other Treatments
When combined with psychotherapies such as Motivational Enhancement Therapy, experimential therapy can be effective in helping patients to change self destructive habits. Experimential therapy offers the addicts a place to apply the social skills they have learned during typical therapy.
It's imperative to start whatever therapy scheme with a professional detoxification since abstinence from numerous narcotics results in unpleasant or harmful signs. Inpatient and outpatient recovery programs can both withdrawal symptoms during the detox. Thereafter several therapies can be utilised in conjunction with experimential therapy in order to provide proper treatment for the individual through the recovery process.
Experimential therapy is regularly utilized nearby customary recovery systems to make an extensive treatment program for recouping addicts.
Usual Methods Applied In Experimential Therapy Involve
- Equine Assisted Psychotherapy
- Equine assisted psychotherapy [EAP] includes the use of horses during the exercises for therapeutic recovery.
- In these sessions, the patients walk, feed, harness and groom the horses.
- The various methods recuperating users connect with the horses may reveal awareness regarding their inner and psychological conditions.
- EAP can help recouping addicts prepare negative emotions or injuries they may not generally perceive or address.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Therapist drive the movement of the eyes of the addicts to help them identifying their hard experiences, this is EMDR.
- To aid patients to redeem from feelings that make them use drugs, EMDR is a known efficient method.
- Adventure Based Therapy
- This therapy comprises of outside exercises, for example, climbing, outdoors, biking, shake climbing or white-water rafting.
- Recovering drug users can develop skills on working with others, solving problems and communication while in the groups provided in adventure therapy.
- Art Therapy
- Artistic therapy permits recuperating users to communicate by the means of melody or artwork.
- Art therapy offers the addicts an effective way to release the negative feelings through the creation of artistic work.
Get The Full Treatment You Need
If you are having problems with substance abuse, give us a call to find you an addiction treatment program. Some medication recovery focuses have some expertise in experimential therapies, with obstruction courses, shake climbing dividers and craftsmanship studios on their premises. You can now get the medical and therapeutic help you need to overcome your substance addiction in many treatment centres in the country call us on 0800 246 1509.