Receive Dependency Therapy
In understanding your drug abuse and making a roadmap to your recovery, there are different options that you can access to match your needs. The devastating impact of dependence on alcohol or a drug is not lost on the victims. Depending on the severity of the abuse, drug dependents are highly recommended to seek professional help.
Please get in touch with us through our phone line 0800 246 1509 to get a deserving advisory opinion regarding your addiction problem.
Addiction therapist plays a key function in speeding up the healing process of patients; this is why they are very significant in this treatment program.
If you need a program that suits your personal needs and will help you through overcoming your addiction, you have trusted experts that can fill those needs for you. There are many kind of treatment available whilst in care that will offer a range of advantages and let you continue your sobriety while in recovery.
Functions Of A Counsellor
To obtain assistance in recognizing possible stimulants and how to develop periodic schemes for your recovery, you will quickly remember how you suddenly turned to an addict with the help of your therapist.
The therapist role is very essential in treating admitted and nonadmitted patients whether as a set or one-on-one form.
A group meeting that will involve your family members and other patients can be organized by your therapist.
Discourse like the dangers of addiction, causes and effects are likely to be treated during the group meeting. Being able to identify the factors and triggers, the concerned parties can then proceed with caution and avert any possible reasons for relapse.
An addiction counsellor's function is to
- Non bias emotional support system to individuals and suitable therapy program delivery.
- individual counselling sessions with the aim of identifying the root cause of the addiction.
- Periodic drug testing.
- To develop a specific treatment plan for individual needs of users.
- Contribute in collecting significant information on drug addiction treatment approach in an area.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Qualities Of An Effective Dependency Counsellor
Developing specialized programs that will meet the basic needs of each addict is his responsibility. In addition to having a good relationship with people, he must be ready to give a listening ear.
The initial counselling sessions are designed to lay the foundation for mutual trust, which is imperative for a successful outcome.
Having established an environment of trust and understanding, it makes easier for the patient to openly discuss anything about his situation. The major problem of the victim will be known, once the adviser cooperates with this technique. The patient's problem might persist, that's why this technique is very helpful in discovering the primary issues.
Additionally, a great therapist will be capable to identify and treat each co-occurring psychological health conditions. Completely recovery is what any good advisor should be interested in, this is the most vital attribute of a good therapist.
Various Therapy Treatments Obtainable
A treatment centre may employ multiple therapeutic approaches depending on the inclination of the patient. Based on the therapy facilities, we have;
- Biofeedback And Neurofeedback
- These therapies make use of real-time demonstration of brain function to observe the levels of muscle tension, blood pressure and heart rate.
- Patients are guided through this technology to control their thinking so as to overtake the mental pressure.
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- CBT is efficient when it comes to supporting addiction and psychological health disorders since it aims on the connection between thoughts and the consecutive manners and selection associated to them.
- Over the use of CBT, a counsellor can assist patients to recognize triggers that cause drug or alcohol use and then replace those reactions with healthy ones.
- Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT)
- In the case of dual diagnosis the overall objective of using DBT treatment is to assist the patient gain self-confidence in handling stressful situations and to stay focused on healthy living.
- DBT promotes effective communication skills and improves self-image and grants patients with Borderline Personality Disorder and poor eating habits a good head start.
- Meditation Hypnotherapy Guided Imagery and Mindfulness
- These forms of treatments place an aim on recognizing triggers, controlling nervousness reactions and using deep alleviation methods.
- What triggers the addiction can be understood by making the addict relax, that's what these plans are all about.
- Holistic Treatment
- Holistic treatment facilitates recovery together with traditional methods that encourage patients to draw strength from within.
- This therapy also enables patients to freely manifest their undisclosed thoughts and feel at ease while sharing them.
- Yoga, art therapy and equine therapy are some types of holistic therapy that may be beneficial in treating addictions.
In order to treat the complete issue, good addiction therapy centres offer a range of extra kinds of treatments with the latest aim being leading the patient to a lasting recuperation.
Why Do I Need Counselling For Dependency
You may not think that you do not need dedicate yourself to addiction counselling.
However, with trust on the counsellor and the commitment to getting well are things that you need to do to enable the treatment program to work for your full recovery.