FAQs About Addiction Treatment
Admitting to an addiction and deciding to go to treatment are exceptionally difficult first steps to recovery. The way their lives could be influenced by the addiction rehab process becomes an object of fear for many - people are always afraid of grey areas. Majority of the questions you may want to ask about the addiction rehab process have their answers given below.
The more learning you have about fixation recovery, including what's new when entering a treatment program, the period of time you may spend in the program and expenses related with the program, the simpler your voyage to recuperation can be.
Defining An Addiction Treatment Facility
Addiction recovery programmes are controlled closely monitored treatment regimes offered to help drug addicts get clean. In rehab, addict's work at having a sober, happy life.
What Happens In Addiction Rehab?
Dependence recovery treatment is custom-made to the requirements of every person. Usually, it will involve a combination of medical detox, group and individual therapy, relapse education and prevention, and planning follow up care before completing the program in order to maintain sobriety.
- Detox Detox is one of the most essential preliminary parts of the addiction rehab for many. The body cleanses itself of the substance's toxic effects during detoxification. Whilst the detoxification experience will differ significantly according to the particular kind and frequency of substance used, several substance withdrawal symptoms can be uncomfortable, if not threatening. The correct treatment in a medically supervised detoxification programme can ease the pain and risks linked with the process of detoxification.
- Substance Abuse Therapy Rehabilitation proceeds with different behavioural helpful intercessions after detox is finished. In trying to identify the reason that led to drug taking and addiction, one-on-one or group counselling are offered to the patients. The best way to pick out situations of risk and triggers, remain sober for long and learn how to avoid relapse are explained to the addicts through some treatment programs.
- Post-care When someone works through recovery and comes to the end of their treatment program, staff will help the patient develop a plan for aftercare. When the need arises, sober living plans, ongoing therapy and the use of support groups may be applied here.
What Is The Length Of Time For Rehab?
All patients require differing amounts of time to recover fully. Numerous rehabilitation centres offer 30-day programs. any case, a few people advantage from longer treatment projects, for example, 60-day, 90-day, or considerably longer-term treatment at private or inpatient treatment centres to additionally create and keep up an unfaltering recuperation way. The treating therapist considers a lot of things before recommending the amount of time a patient might need, these include; length and seriousness of the addiction, what drug or drugs one is abusing, if there are any complications in medical, mental, or behaviour arising from the usage of the drugs, and what the patient's needs are as concerns their physiological, psychological, sentimentally, relationships, way of life and religious.
Researches showed that those individuals who spend three months or longer in therapeutic programs have better rates of long haul sobriety. Longer programs manage the cost of the chance to concentrate on the underlying causes and practices behind the addiction and more opportunity to improve calm living practices.
Does Rehab Cure Addiction?
There is no cure for dependence; however it can be overseen successfully. The completion of the rehabilitation programme by the patient does not consummate the alcohol and drug addiction recovery, no matter how long it lasts. To recover from drug use is a continuous, long-term procedure. Dealing with enslavement includes figuring out how to explore through everyday life without using and includes diligent work plus commitment.
Addiction Rehab Vs Addiction Recovery
People are taught the best means of overcoming the desire to use drugs and to defeat the urge to relapse even when it is very huge at the rehabs. People will also learn how to handle daily struggles when recovering from addiction and how to cope with situations or people that may have added to or worsened their drug abuse in the first place.
Long-term sobriety could involve ongoing individual or group therapy and a 12 step program or support group. In some patients, it is always necessary to assist their healing process with additional programs. These exercises may incorporate contemplation, yoga, work out, or artistry to give some examples.
Successful treatment programmes also include their homegrown activities or help you draw up your tailor made an ante-rehab plan before discharge to maintain the momentum of recovery. Aftercare is so important that many studies have shown that it can help prevent relapses.
What Happens When One Relapses
Relapse should always be regarded as one of the stumbling blocks to be uprooted in the bid to defeat addiction completely, and not as a failure. Relapse may put one back on track, enabling them to re-enter the programme and seek the support they need to remain sober.
Countless people who are battling with dependency stay more than once in a rehab before they can establish their secure position on their road to recovery. Rehab provides and equips the addict with tools necessary to overcome addiction and remain sober, but, the individual is the only one who can control their addiction.
How Much Does Rehab Cost?
Charges for rehab depend on each facility. There are those who provide five-star treatment to their patients and end up charging more to cover the extra amenities, staff and so on.
An inpatient treatment facility will cost more than an outpatient one to cover the costs of monitoring, meals, therapy, accommodation and extra activities. The outpatient programmes also differ in what they offer; there are some that have very high-class amenities, very involved programmes and organised group or individual therapy sessions including free support group meetings at their premises.
A few elements can influence the cost of recovery, including
- What amenities are provided - These can incorporate many variables that guide the recuperation procedure, for example, gourmet food, private rooms, animal-assisted therapy, acupuncture, massage, and yoga.
- Length of program - The cost related with a treatment program is essentially dictated by the duration of the stay. During the intake, a counsellor will explain the duration suggested for your best chance at long-lasting recovery.
- Geographical Area - Treatment centres in more luxurious settings will cost more than traditional centres. Transport to the venue may also be an item cost in the bill.
- Kind of programme - Residential rehab programmes involve the patient living at the facility for the duration of the treatment under the care of medical staff round the clock, this, of course, costs more.
Cost Of Rehab Vs Cost Of Addiction
People might be deterred by how much treatment will cost, but it's important to remember that there are a lot of costs of addiction. The costs of addiction are many
- Buying the drugs
- Loss of productivity at work
- Legal fines
- Doctor's visit expenses for physical or emotional wellness issues related with compulsion
Broken relationships, sorrow, and ill health are just some of the other "costs" of addiction to the user.
Is Insurance Accepted?
Most rehabilitation programs do take insurance. Despite that, agreeableness of protection will differ as indicated by the specific facility. Your insurance plan may cover just a bit of your restoration stay, so it's vital to check your insurance plan before selecting in a drug recovery program.
Where insurance will not cover the total cost, you can negotiate alternative payment plan options. A sliding scale payment option/financing plan to make the cost more reasonable can be provided by the programme.
Treatment For Drug Addiction Locally Or Away?
Most people seem to favour rehab facilities away from their home environment. Sometimes, this helps with recovery because it takes the users out of the environment where they got into the addiction in the first place.
Because the addicts are free from external confusions and are not lured by friends, relatives and work, they are always able to concentrate completely on recovering from addiction in such a regimented and solitary location.
For an outpatient program, it might be better to stay close to home to keep daily travel to a minimum. In case you have family commitments, a close-by recovery facility can lighten worry as you adjust home duties with your recuperation treatment.
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Would It Be Advisable For Me To Choose Inpatient Or Outpatient Treatment?
An inpatient centre differs from an outpatient centre in a few manners - from costs and severity of the treatment to the setting in general and the support structure for the duration of your recovery journey.
Inpatient Addiction Rehab
Inpatient offices are recovery centres that offer 24-hour care from staff faculty. Whether in a hospital or other private facility, the patient is under the care of professionals day and night who provide alternating services with medical personnel as required. Both sorts of inpatient offices oblige patients to inhabit the facility.
Because the patient is under care for 24 hours, they can receive an intensive form of therapy than at any other kind of programme. Since patients are expelled from the worry of their everyday lives, they are frequently better ready to work through their fixation issues.
Drug- assisted treatment, group therapy, individual therapy and even some additional therapies like animal therapy and some outdoor programs are involved in rehab programs.
Residential rehab centres are preferred for treatment of those with chronic and acute addictions, multiple drug addictions, coexisting medical and psychological issues. Inpatient rehab might also be a good option for someone who has been in rehab before and is trying to work through a relapse.
Outpatient Addiction Rehab
Patients are allowed to attend therapy, treatment sessions and other programs from their home in outpatient facilities. Those attending outpatient treatments can continue with other responsibilities like work, school while attending therapy sessions. These offices have a tendency to be a solid match for those with moderately less serious or shorter-term addictions, constrained time or obligations at work or home that can't be disregarded.
Outpatient programmes can differ. While some of them may offer an hour or two of treatment each day, others may include sessions that cover the entire day. Outpatient treatment is usually less expensive than inpatient care because there are fewer amenities and fewer hours to staff for direct care. Since a patient can leave, he/she doesn't have to pay for 24/7 care. Some insurance plans cover all the treatment while others will cover part.
Contact us at 0800 246 1509 for further information on the different forms of treatments offered by these two types of addiction treatment. We have rehab placement experts who will respond to any queries you may have as you decide on the best addiction treatment facility to commit to for your addiction treatment.
Can I Get Fired For Going To Addiction Rehabilitation?
The possibility of being sacked from work if you fail to attend a rehab and defeat addiction is much more than the risk of losing your job because you enrolled in a rehab. Your supervisor may already have a clue you are struggling with addiction. By dodging addiction assistance, your battle may finally become clear as the effects of your drug abuse could cause your work performance to decrease.
Utilising substances while at work is legitimate reason for end, yet there are a few federal regulations securing your entitlement to acquire treatment. Your employer would be breaking the law were he to terminate your contract because you are looking for help for the addiction.
How Do I Get Time Off Of Work To Attend Addiction Rehab?
Inpatient programs will necessitate you take time off from work. Even so, there are a few alternatives that can facilitate this procedure. The options are
- Employee Assistance Programs An EAP is a non-compulsory programme through the company that employs you, which offers private evaluations, restricted counselling, and a referral to treatment free of charge to the employee.
- Family and Medical Leave Act Through the Family and Medical Leave Act, many employers offer a leave of up to 3 months, and this involves an unpaid break that does not tell negatively on your insurance, in the bid to treat a health issue that affects your productivity at work. Addiction forms part of this category, therefore you could benefit by understanding what your business provides.
- Paid Time Off Another alternative for removing time from work to get assistance with substance misuse is to just utilize serene vacations, beat or individual time to get rehab support.
- Executive Rehab Centres In such an event that you have a lot of work obligations and are required to stay actively involved at your workplace, executive rehabilitation facilities may assist with maintaining a continuous involvement or presence at your work whilst receiving residential treatment in a luxurious environment that provides round-the-clock care.
- Outpatient Treatment The last option is to attend an outpatient program if you can't take time away from home or work and cannot afford an executive rehab centre. People battling with serious addiction or relapse issues, though, would be better cared for by residential treatment options that can provide more intensive round-the-clock care.
There are available many options to seek help as an employee and remember when you recover from addiction, you do better as a person, at work, and your health and personal life also improve.
What Is Luxury Treatment?
Plush rehab facilities are more equipped, and in better surroundings and environment as compared with conventional rehab centres. They are frequently situated in out-of-the-way areas, so patients are managed with greatest privacy amid their stays. Innovative recovery therapies, gourmet meals from trained cooks, adventure therapies and a holistic treatment programme are offered in luxury rehab centres.
The executive rehabs are normally preferred by public figures, celebrities and company executives because of the privacy and the amenities, coupled with the fact that they want to be with their likes, however, any person who can pay for these out of pocket, with insurance, or with a combination of both may use them.
How Can I Locate A Rehab Program?
Finding the correct compulsion recovery program can feel like a staggering procedure, yet cause is accessible to answer any extra inquiries you may have. Call us on 0800 246 1509 and talk to our rehab placement counsellor to help you in assessing available treatment programmes for yourself or a loved one, or if you would like to compare available options.