Alcohol Poisoning Symptoms Causes And Effects Within Wakefield At Alcohol Rehab Wakefield
It will not help if you use black coffee on the morning. Making a person throw up won't be helpful either. Trying to sleep it off will not help either.
It may actually be more harmful to use these methods that are usually used get sober. And since it is hard to identify, the things mentioned above are especially true if a friend is suffering from a severe case alcohol overdose.
The volume of alcohol consumed does not determine this as people who suffer it may have consumed much or a few bottles of alcohol. You could save a person if you're able to spot the signs of acute alcohol poisoning.
Alcohol Is A Poison Seek Help From Wakefield
The effects of alcoholism could be life threatening, though it is seemingly not so, but the fact remains that alcohol is poisonous. It is not an easy thing for a body to control the effects of Alcohol, so the number that can be processed in an hour is only one unit.
The workings of the blood could be hampered when you consume too much of alcohol within a short duration.
- Impair your brain responses so that you can't keep your balance
- Alters the workings of your gag reflex through incessant vomiting caused by stomach irritation, making you to inhale your own vomit into your lungs or choke on it
- Stop breathing or the beating of the heart due to its effects on the nerves that control these functions
- Cause permanent brain damage due to dehydration
- Cause hypothermia due to lowering of internal body temperature
- Cause fits by reducing the level of sugar in your body
Ready to Get Help?
CALL US NOW ON 0800 246 1509
Signs Of Alcohol Overdose Visit Wakefield
It is not easy to judge if the person has or has not Alcohol Poisoning. A guest at a dinner party could appear to be jolly or slightly drunk but then very quickly become dangerously intoxicated..
People who suffer from acute alcohol poisoning can't assist themselves in their state, so it will be very important if you know the symptoms of alcohol poisoning.
The symptoms that he should be looking forward to being
- Lack of coordination
- Irregular or slow breathing [fewer than eight breaths a minute]
- Pale or blue-tinged skin
- Decreased body temperature (hypothermia)
- Stupor - Being conscious but unresponsive
- Unconsciousness or blacking out
Educate Yourself To Avoid Making It Worse After Wakefield
Acute alcohol poisoning has the potential to become extremely dangerous. You could easily worsen the situation despite your good intentions.
It is a good idea to educate yourself on things to avoid doing, since there are a lot of misconceptions about how to handle people who have consumed excessive amounts of alcohol.
Don't ever do the following
- Let The Individual Sleep It Off
- Even when they have stopped consuming alcohol, the volume of alcohol in their body could still increase.
- When it enters the digestive system, it is still being absorbed into the bloodstream, just like other liquids.
- Excessive alcohol within the blood prohibits the body from functioning properly.
- Let Them Have Coffee
- The water content of the body is dried by alcohol.
- This dehydration will only be worsened in the presence of coffee.
- Dehydration can cause brain damage, so the exceeded dehydration will have permanent results on the mind.
- Get Them To Be Sick
- The gag reflex within the body to the individual will not be functioning properly, and therefore, it can result in them choking on their vomit.
- Force Them To Walk
- Alcohol compromises your balancing and reduces the normal operating power of you brain, since it is a substance that reduces nervous activity.
- The risk of accidents when you walk them around will increase.
- Put Them In A Cold Shower
- Hypothermia is another problem since alcohol reduces the body's temperature.
- They could become colder when cold water is used on them.
- Let Them Continue Drinking
- This could lead to extremely high levels of alcohol in the bloodstream.
Any amount of alcohol can lead to an alcohol overdose, as no amount is too small.
What leads to an alcohol overdose is consuming it in excessive amounts. However, there are also other factors, which need to be considered.
It will depend upon your age, sex, weight, the speed at which you have been consuming alcohol, the quantity of food you have had, your general health and any other drugs which you may also have taken.
There are some guidelines that reduce the risk when consuming alcohol and it is vital to follow them. Men and women are both advised not to consume over 14 units of alcohol within a week. Drinking as little as possible on any given occasion is recommended so as to keep the possibility of suffering an accident low.
You Should Get Help As Soon As You Notice A Few Of The Associated Symptoms In Wakefield
When it comes to an alcohol overdose, prevention is better than cure.
Call an ambulance as soon as you suspect a person may be suffering from alcohol poisoning.
The number of people admitted because of alcohol poisoning every weekend runs into hundreds. If someone's condition is not too bad, then they can go back home after proper monitoring. If they are serious, then they can only be helped out
- Assist with a tube in their windpipe to facilitate breathing
- They could even insert an IV to increase the water levels within the body along with the blood sugar and the vitamins.
- Insert a catheter which will allow the individual to empty his or her bladder into a bag.
- A tube could also be inserted through the nose or the mouth to pump the stomach.